"Be credible, put the hours in and put everything on our CRM system!"
I had a few questions to ask Jordan White, senior claims and operations consultant in London and she shared her advice for someone just getting into recruitment, the proudest moment of her career and how she keeps a good work-life balance.
1. How did you get into recruitment? I was working in luxury retail and was really not enjoying it so decided to put my CV on Reed and look for a new job. I wasn’t sure what I wanted to do but I got a lot of calls from rec to recs and interviewed at so many companies before choosing Eames!
2. What is your advice for someone just getting into recruitment? You’ll learn the most from the people around you so listen to people on the phone, shadow meetings when you can and don’t be afraid to ask lots of questions.
3. What is it about recruitment that has kept you in the industry? The culture, incentives, perks and the people at Eames.
4. What is the proudest moment in your career to date? Qualifying for the annual Saffron trip which was a weekend in Ibiza!
5. What is your number 1 secret to success? Being organised and keeping on top of your market.
6.What's the best career advice you've ever been given? Be credible, put the hours in and put everything on our CRM system!
7. What are you driven by, and how do you stay motivated? Being a specialist and the go-to person when candidates in my market are looking for a move.
8. How do you keep a work-life balance? Making sure I have a productive Friday and finishing off all loose ends for the week means I get to enjoy the weekend and not think too much about work.
9. Why Eames? The people and market reputation. The team I work with are really supportive and celebrate each other’s success.
10. People would be surprised if they knew? I went to drama school and did my degree in Musical Theatre.