"It’s crucial to learn from the challenging times and make the most out of every opportunity."
I had a few questions to ask Farhana Hussain, principal consultant in London, and she shared her advice for someone just getting into recruitment, what has kept her in the industry and why she joined Eames.
1. How did you get into recruitment?
It was a recommendation from my friend, I didn’t think much of it at the time but the thought grew over time and I guess it all started from there.
2. What is your advice for someone just getting into recruitment?
Work hard and never give up! Recruitment will consist of some good days and some bad days, but it’s crucial to learn from the challenging times and make the most out of every opportunity.
3. What is it about recruitment that has kept you in the industry?
There are many aspects of recruitment that are appealing such as career progression, the rewards, the amazing team etc. However, what has truly kept me in the industry is enjoying what I do; I enjoy learning about new technology within my market and love helping and placing candidates into a new role.
4. What is your proudest moment in your career to date?
Getting promoted twice last year during the pandemic period. I was also really pleased about being on top of the candidate delivery league table last year.
5. What’s the biggest challenge you’ve faced in your career so far and how have you overcome that?
Recently after my first promotion from an Associate Consultant to a Consultant, there was a quiet period where I struggled to get results, However, I have overcome this by not giving up and consistently working hard. Also, my amazing team were very positive and supportive which boosted my confidence.
6. What’s the best career advice you’ve ever been given?
Be yourself and work hard; know that there is no such thing as an overnight success.
7. What are you driven by and how do you stay motivated?
Achieving my goals and targets is something that drives me and keeps me motivated.
8. What is your number 1 secret to success?
Stay positive, work hard and make it happen.
9. Why Eames?
Eames has many values that appeal to me, one of them being accountability as taking pride in the work I do is important to me.
10. People would be surprised if they knew?
I am currently sponsoring 5 orphans in two different countries to assist with their education and home conditions.